You can’t manage something if you don’t know that it exists. And what ends up happening is that the condition gets deteriorated because you do nothing to stop or prevent it. A lot of us have sensitive skin but to take action that keeps your skin healthy and happy, you need to first identify it. So we help you find the signs that you have sensitive skin so that you can fight the problems that come along with it.
- For people with sensitive skin, rashes and bumps on their skin are like those unwanted guests who are equally regular too. If you leave a product on for too long, thread or wax your skin, or even introduce a new product to your skin, your skin may start acting up and reacting to those elements by getting these rashes. Usually what you should to prevent this is to apply a new product on your elbows and study for 24 hours to check whether you’re having any reactions to it and then apply elsewhere based on that. But if problems persist, you should check with your dermatologist to avoid complications. For homemade remedies, you can apply coconut oil to get instant and natural relief.
- Sensitive skin also translates to very dry skin because your natural oils go for a toss. It’s one of the most annoying features because you end up having skin that is irritated when it is very dry.
- The most prominent sign of sensitive skin is red patches that happen because the protective layer of your skin has been compromised with. Since your skin is very dry, it also looks rough and scaly. You need to apply a moisturizer to gain back the moisture that has been robbed from your skin.
- If you have eczema, you may be more sensitive to certain chemicals that aren’t a usual thing for other people. There are certain chemicals in your soaps or laundry detergents that make your skin extremely sensitive. This also leads to reddish or brownish patches, thick scaly skin, or skin that itches a lot. Basically you skin’s ability to protect you from germs is reduced.
- You may also be developing reactions to sunscreens that normally don’t bother other people. The good news is that there are plenty of substitutes in the market that you can use and don’t have to stress over the sun’s harmful effect on you.
- People with sensitive also tend to show when they blush. They easily get flushed and that comes out more prominently than it does for others.
If your skin is sensitive, you’re also prone to more breakouts on your skin. The acne may not paint a picture but you can take help of your doctor to subside them. You can also use organic products like aloe in the market that soothes and calms sensitive skin. Because no matter what, there is no need to lose heart if you have sensitive skin. The first step is to just recognize it.